[IPython-User] newbie questions

Ittay Dror ittay.dror@gmail....
Mon Jun 28 09:46:50 CDT 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to use ipython as a replacement for Windows' cmd.exe and I have some questions:

1. How can I define my own functions (where)? I saw there are macros and aliases, but both don't support using variables. I want something that will be executed like a normal process (so "foo bar car" and not "foo(bar,car)")

2. Tab completion does not seem to work when completing paths with spaces. E.g., I type "c:/Prog<tab>" and it completes to "c:/Program\ Files", but then if I continue with "/<tab>" nothing happens.

Thank you,

Ittay