[IPython-user] Installation Issue

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Mon Mar 1 14:16:51 CST 2010

Sean,

Glad you got this figured out.  Another tip.  When you have multiple
python's installed
on a system, a common mistake is to run "python setup.py install" with
the wrong python
first in your PATH.  Thus, it is always useful to see what python you are using:

$ python

Before donig "python setup.py install" because then will determine
where the package
gets installed.

Cheers,

Brian

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Sean Stromberg <spstromberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nevermind, thank you.
>
> It seems to be working now. The two things I did in between not
> working and working were to set the PYTHONPATH variable as per the
> instructions here:
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/faq/installing_faq.html
> (Not sure if that was important or not.)
>
> After that I installed ipython from the source using the instructions
> here:
> http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/rel-0.10/html/install/install.html#installing-ipython-itself

Brian E. Granger, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Physics