[IPython-user] RPC and MultiEngineClient

Matthew Turk matthewturk@gmail....
Wed Mar 24 16:30:05 CDT 2010

Hi Brian,

> Really, this pattern of push, execute, pull needs to be encapsulated
> into a single step as it becomes really common when you are building
> proxies.  But this should at least get you started.  Now you just have
> to decide what engines the remote object is on, etc.  Let me know if
> you have questions.

Oh, this makes sense.  I was, I think, looking for something
needlessly complicated -- instantiating Referenceable objects on the
engines, registering those in the tubs, and pulling them into the
MultiEngineClient.  But after digging through the source last night I
came to the conclusion that maybe it was more difficult than that,
because I'd have to access the tub on the Controller itself, rather
than anything in my interactive shell.

This solution works great -- and I've now got proxy objects as I was hoping for.

Thanks,

Matt