[IPython-user] How to set a default completer

Christopher Burns cburns@berkeley....
Thu Mar 25 16:11:49 CDT 2010

I just discovered the traits_completer in IPython Extensions:

import ipy_traits_completer
ipy_traits_completer.activate()

documented here:
http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/stable/html/interactive/extension_api.html#provided-extensions

This works great!  How would I go about deactivating this completer or
restoring the default behavior?  (Short of restarting ipython)

Can I unassign the hook or reset it to a default similar to this:
ip.set_hook('complete_command', trait_completer, re_key = '.*')

Ideally I'd like to create a magic command that would allow me to
toggle the completer.

Thanks!
Chris

--