[IPython-user] PYTHONPATH works for modules but not scripts

Dr. Phillip M. Feldman pfeldman@verizon....
Fri Mar 26 14:26:24 CDT 2010

Hi Philip,

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Dr. Phillip M.
Feldman<pfeldman@verizon.net> wrote:
> This would work, but I would have to define an alias for every single
> script.
> I hope that there will eventually be some fix to IPython that makes it
> check
> the PYTHONPATH for scripts that are not found in the current/working
> directory.

could you please file a wishlist bug on this item so we don't forget?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ipython/+filebug

I'm not sure that I'd want it to be the default %run behavior to
search all of PYTHONPATH, but certainly it could be available as:

- an optional flag to run
- a separate magic that does the searching and calls %run with the full path
- a option to toggle this on/off for %run, so users who want it can
activate it, aware that they will be running non-local scripts.

Which of these to use, I'm not sure about yet.  But we can discuss it
further to find a solution, and implement it after Brian's refactoring
lands.

Hello Fernando,

I hope that people haven't forgotten about this request.

Phillip

P.S. I haven't been able to file a wishlist bug; when I try to log in to the
LaunchPad, I get the following error message: "Cross Site Request Forgery
detected. Request aborted."