[IPython-User] Subject: Why is iPython using X11?

Piet van Oostrum piet@vanoostrum....
Tue Nov 9 07:45:15 CST 2010

I have installed iPython 0.10.1 on my MacBook with Mac OS X Snow Leopard
(10.6.4) and when I start it it starts up X11. I would like to know what
is causing this and how I can prevent this because I don't want to use
X11 with it. It is not matplotlib I think because importing matplotlib
in a normal Python session doesn't do this, and I have configured it to
use Aquaterm for displaying plots. The previous version I had installed
(I guess 0.9 something) didn't do this.