[IPython-User] [IPython-user] Ipython sys.path and import module failure

Charles Miglietti charles.miglietti@yahoo...
Tue Nov 30 10:21:14 CST 2010

Hi,

I have an issue importing new modules using ipython. When I use the normal
python interpreter some modules are loaded correctly but when I try to
import them in ipython it fails. These modules were installed with
easy_install or with .egg.
The sys.path array is different from python interpreter to ipython and I
think this is the issue. My question is why is this different and how can I
make things working with ipython ?
I am on Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Thanks