[IPython-User] ctrl-c on windows

Robin robince@gmail....
Fri Oct 8 02:27:34 CDT 2010

Hi,

I find myself having to use Windows for a time which I'm not
particularly familiar with...

I am using IPython 0.10 on Python.org Python 2.6.5 (64bit) on Windows 7 (64 bit)

I start IPython with the pylab menu item.

It seems to work, but I find that ctrl-c closes the interpreter. I'm
finding this really annoying as I keep accidentally closing the
interpreter and having to recreate my working state.

It doesn't seem to do it with a freshly opened pylab (gives
KeyboardInterrupt), but as soon as I've done any work or had it open
for a lenght of time, it seems ctrl-c closes (whether there is
something running, a partial line entered at the prompt which I want
to cancel, or just an empty prompt).

Does anyone have any idea what this could be or how to stop it happenning?

Cheers

Robin