[IPython-User] AttributeError: 'FakeModule' object has no attribute

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Oct 10 00:37:48 CDT 2010

Hi Alan,

sorry for the very, very delayed reply... Lately we've been doing a
ton of work in the core of ipython itself, and I've fallen badly
behind on the user list.

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Alan <alanwilter@gmail.com> wrote:

> This problem has been with me since I discovered iPython years ago and after
> googling and googling I still haven't found any solution.
> I am trying to load a pickle file that works fine in anything except in
> ipython.

We do indeed have a problem with that FakeModule machinery, which is
quite brittle. But I don't have handy a nice, self-contained test case
of failure, and your file seems to do the trick.  Can that file be
used standalone or do we need some of your in-house code?  If so, it
would be great if you could post it.  At least having a reproducible
test case will help guide us on this problem, and we might eventually
make some progress on it.

Regards,