[IPython-User] Stdout not immediately appearing using %run in IPython 0.10.1

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Oct 18 23:33:39 CDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Wes McKinney <wesmckinn@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks so much Fernando for tracking this down (and for reading my
> e-mail, scipy.org doesn't let my e-mails through regularly). Indeed
> this is very irritating (makes me say "curses"), I'd be happy to file
> a bug report on python.org if that's the right thing to do.

I would say so: we have a nice standalone test case showing the
problem has nothing to do with ipython, and it can run in either 2.x
or 3.x, showing that under 3.x things are fine.  For someone who knows
the curses code it might be possible to fix it.

> I'm kind of surprised that this was not a known issue (I was thinking
> maybe it's something wrong with my configuration). Surely I can't be
> the one running long-ish scripts with progress output (after using ?
> magic)?

I'm quite surprised too, but I hadn't seen it reported...

cheers,