[IPython-User] connection ipython and emacs

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Sep 7 02:01:22 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Nathan Huesken <sf@lonely-star.org> wrote:

> Is it possible to "connect" ipython and emacs?
> By this I mean: When I start a program in ipython and it
> crashes/reaches a breakpoint, can it be made to automatically open the
> file at that point in emacs?

This *used* to work a long time ago, but I just tried again and got:

pdbtrack: Traceback cue not found

printed in the emacs minibuffer.  I have no idea why.

Unfortunately our emacs support is a bit flaky, partly because we
don't have a resident emacs expert who knows enough to diagnose these
problems quickly and keep the codebase from drifting too much into
problem territory.

If anyone is good with elisp, we'd be very grateful for any help you
could provide.

Regards,