[IPython-User] Ipython for Angstrom

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Sep 7 02:05:19 CDT 2010

Ryan,

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Ryan Krauss <ryanlists@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to run IPython on my BeagleBoard, which is running the
> Angstrom linux distribution.  I am trying to do a from source install,
> but there seem to be a number of basic packages that come with a
> standard Python install that have not been ported to Angstrom yet.  I
> had to install pprint separately, but am now stuck on platform.py.  I
> am going to try just coping from my pc, but I doubt it will work and I
> doubt it will be the last problem.

sorry for never having replied to your queries, I've had my nose to
the grindstone on the -dev side of things and have neglected terribly
the user list...

Did you get this to work in the end?  I was thinking that with the new
zmq code, it would be possible to get your ipython kernel running on
your board, while having your frontend run on a larger computer with
more GUI resources.  That could be an interesting way to work...

Just a thought :)

Regards,