[IPython-User] Attribute sorting.

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Sep 7 02:10:40 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 1:43 PM,  <edepagne@lcogt.net> wrote:

> Is there a way to modify the way ipython is set up with the -pylab option, so
> that the sorting is always done the same way, that is with putting underscores
> before any character?

I honestly don't have a clue why that can be happening, as the pylab
support and readline completion are pretty orthogonal features.

Furthermore, I can't reproduce the behavior you describe on my system...

Now, if you don't want to see the __ names at all, you can set in your
config file:

readline_omit__names 1

which is what I use always.  I think we'll make this the default
moving forward, it's really just visual noise to show all that
__business to users all the time.