[IPython-User] Attribute sorting.

Éric Depagne edepagne@lcogt....
Tue Sep 7 11:26:10 CDT 2010

> I honestly don't have a clue why that can be happening, as the pylab
> support and readline completion are pretty orthogonal features.
>
> Furthermore, I can't reproduce the behavior you describe on my system...
It also "works" with -wthread, -q4thread.
Apparently, only the threading options are causing this.

And I could reproduce this on every PC I've used. I thought this was normal
until I saw someone using a Mac where this behaviour does not show up. Maybe
you're using also a Mac?

> Now, if you don't want to see the __ names at all, you can set in your
> config file:
>
> readline_omit__names 1

Indeed.

Cheers,

Éric.
> which is what I use always.  I think we'll make this the default
> moving forward, it's really just visual noise to show all that
> __business to users all the time.
>
> Cheers,

Un clavier azerty en vaut deux