[IPython-User] Attribute sorting.

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Sep 7 13:51:31 CDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Éric Depagne <edepagne@lcogt.net> wrote:
> It also "works" with -wthread, -q4thread.
> Apparently, only the threading options are causing this.
>
> And I could reproduce this on every PC I've used. I thought this was normal
> until I saw someone using a Mac where this behaviour does not show up. Maybe
> you're using also a Mac?

I'm on linux, were you on Windows? If on windows, it may be an odd
interaction between pyreadline and threads.  In fact, in each
platform: linux, mac, windows, the completion is handled by  a
different library (gnu readline, bsd libedit, pyreadline).  These can
interact with threads in funny ways,  I suppose.  I know we've found
thread-related bugs in python's readline.c module in the past...

But by the way, if this was dependent on the -Xthread flags, then it's
gone from 0.11, since those flags disappeared (not the matplotlib
support, it's just that we're doing gui support in a different, more
robust way that does not use threads).