[IPython-User] IPython included in Spyder v1.1.0

Thu Sep 9 15:28:50 CDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 10:10:28PM +0200, Pierre Raybaut wrote:
> I was glad too and note that Spyder v2.0 which beta1 has just been
> released is quite centered on IPython integration. Every single Spyder
> feature now works with IPython as well as in standard Python
> interpreter: for example, the User Module Deleter works too (UMD
> automatically deeply reloads user modules, i.e. a behavior similar to
> MATLAB's).

I must say that I am really happy to see this happening. I my eyes, such
convergence is a win-win situation in which everybody benefits (except
Python's rivals :P). I can't wait to see the outcome of the ongoing work
on IPython + GUI.

To both teams: keep the good work, you are giving us a fantastatic
future!

Gaël