[IPython-User] [IPython-user] Simple problem with ??

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Sep 14 14:01:31 CDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 3:02 AM, PeterL777 <pacqa100@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> In [5]: ??a
> ------------------------------------
>   File "<ipython console>", line 1
>     ??a
>     ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> Is this a bug?

Technically yes, though I'm more and more inclined to just do away
with the ? at the beginning.  Having any mix of ?/?? at either end
overcomplicates the syntax handling and we're trying to simplify that
code as much as possible.

For now, just use ?/?? at the end, and when we complete the internal
syntax/execution pipeline in trunk we can see how things end up
looking for them at the beginning, with a possible outcome being that
they get removed.