[IPython-User] [IPython-user] IPython and ipcluster on Windows 7

Josh Hemann jhemann@vni....
Sat Sep 25 12:18:12 CDT 2010

Fernando Perez wrote:

> Ah, I may actually be able to help with that error message...

> Let's try this, run again from the source tree (the .git tag in there
> tells me you're running from a source tree for 0.11):
>
> python setupegg.py install
>
> and let's see if that helps.
>
> Cheers,

This did the trick. Not sure what happened the first time because I had been
using IPython just fine for weeks in my daily work, but the parallel
functionality was obviously hosed. I responded directly to Fernando and
Brian on this issue being resolved by following Fernando's instructions.
But, I forgot to follow up with this thread though so am posting now to
clarify that yes, my issue is resolved by reinstalling.

Thanks,

Josh

-----
Josh Hemann