[IPython-User] MEC beats TC for "task farming" style parallelization: Huh?????

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Sep 26 19:08:57 CDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 4:22 PM, Frank Horowitz <frank@horow.net> wrote:

> And thanks to you, Fernando, et al. for a nice piece of software!

Thanks for the kind words, we really hope this proves useful.

In addition to what Brian just said, there's also the issue that
Twisted looks very unlikely to have a Python3 version out any time
soon:

http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2010-September/022896.html

On the other hand, numpy already is out for python3, scipy is in the
works, and for IPython we have already an experimental python3 branch:

http://github.com/takowl/ipython/tree/ipy3-newkernel

Given that the pyzmq bindings are generated with Cython and cython is
capable of producing python3 bindings, that gives us a complete plan
for an ipython+numpy+scipy story on python3 (we'll then have to start
bugging the mpl team for a matplotlib port :)

Hopefully this gives you some clarity on where we're headed, despite
the (unfortunate) limitations of what we currently have.  We're
working hard to ensure the new facilities are available sooner rather
than later.

Regards,