[IPython-User] How to start IPython in Windows

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Sep 26 19:26:15 CDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Richard D. Moores <rdmoores@gmail.com> wrote:
> 64-bit Vista.
>
> I've downloaded "A binary Windows installer (an executable setup
> file)" from http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/Download , and run it.
> IPython is now installed in my Python26/Lib/site-packages folder. I
> also installed win64-unicode version of wxPython. I also have
> winconsole.py.
>
> Sorry for the dumb question, but how do I start IPython?

Did it not add an entry to your Start menu?  It's possible that didn't
happen for some reason, the windows install code was only ever tested
on XP, never on Vista.

If not, you can make a shortcut by hand that runs
python26/scripts/ipython (that's what the installer was supposed to
have created).