[IPython-User] IPython TaskClient map(): UnpickleableError???

Frank Horowitz frank@horow....
Sun Sep 26 20:24:28 CDT 2010

Hi Fernando,

That was a whole *week* ago!  I've completely forgotten what state the code was in then! ;-)

(Mailing list server hiccups. Gotta love 'em.)

IIRC, it might have been some issue with dealing with namedtuple objects from the newly exposed collections thingy.
I've move away from those to a dict-based implementation, and that sidestepped the error enough for me to realise that that
my imports into the engine collection wasn't correct. After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing the code is now at the
point where we're seeing the MEC/TC issues discussed in another thread.

Hopefully this will serve as a notice to anyone else Googling such an issue to take a deep breath, step back, and
think about what's actually on the engines, rather than chasing a semi-spurious error message from
within the bowels of Twisted...

(It might be worthwhile to setup some testing around namedtuples being pickled/unpickled via IPython's MEC/TC APIs, however.
Just because I sidestepped my issue doesn't necessarily mean that one doesn't exist! )

Thanks again,
	Frank Horowitz