[IPython-User] problems with ipython 0.10 autocompletion and interactive plotting

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Thu Sep 30 09:21:25 CDT 2010

Jörgen Stenarson <jorgen.stenarson <at> bostream.nu> writes:

> Daniel Platz skrev 2010-07-31 12:23:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I have some problems with ipython which I do not really understand, I
> > installed ipython 0.10 together with Python 2.6 on Windows 7. This
> > installation was no problem and I can also run ipython. However, there
> > are two problems.
> >
> > The autocompletion seems not to work with external packages. For
> > example, if I use the pylab option, type "l" and press tab nothing
> > happens. It seems that only when there is one possibility left the
> > completion works, i.e. it completes "linspa" to "linspace". So it does
> > not show other options for completion.
> >

> I do not see this problem on windows xp, python 2.6, ipython 0.10,

I am also seeing this problem.  I am not very familiar with Windows, but I am on
 Windows 7, Python 2.7 64-bit.  IPython (64-bit) and pyreadline were installed
from these binaries:

http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/

Skipper