[IPython-User] %edit in qtconsole vs ipython

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Mon Aug 1 10:36:57 CDT 2011

This was done on purpose in the qtconsole.  Really, %edit should
*just* edit (not run) even in the terminal.  We have the %run magic
for actually running code.  I thought we were going to chance %edit in
the terminal to do this.

Cheers,

Brian

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:30 AM, Brent Pedersen <bpederse@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> when I run ipython in the terminal and %edit a file, upon exiting, it
> is executed and the output is shown in the ipython terminal.
> when using %edit from 'ipython qtconsole', it does not show the output
> and none of the variables from the script are defined in the ipython
> qt session. How can I make it so that is the case?  I haven't found
> anything that looks related in the *_config.py files.
> thanks,
> -Brent

Brian E. Granger