[IPython-User] [IPython-user] How to get started with HTML Notebook?

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Mon Aug 1 12:01:45 CDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Johann Cohen-Tanugi
<johann.cohentanugi@gmail.com> wrote:
> I jumped on this thread as I am very interested in testing this frontend
> now, and with current git head and switching to htmlnotebook, I managed to
> visualize the notebook on firefox, but the links did not start new web
> windows/tabs, and I did not manage to execute plot([1,2],[1,2]) to display
> it inline. I did start ipython with --pylab=inline though.
>
> is there any preliminary doc to dig into?

No not at this point.  While the notebook is quite usable, we are very
much still in development mode.  It is a bit odd though that plotting
doesn't work as it definitely works fine in the htmlnotebook branch.
Are you sure you have a recent checkout of that branch?  Older
versions didn't have the configuration and command line stuff setup
yet.  Also, can you double check to make sure you have a working
matplotlib?

Also, the New/Open/Save capabilities have not been implemented yet.

Cheers,

Brian

> On 07/31/2011 06:58 PM, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
>
> On 31 July 2011 12:26, Timmie <timmichelsen@gmx-topmail.de> wrote:
>>
>> One question, when working in a virtualenv,
>> I cannot get IPython installed in there.
>>
>> It always wants to have root access to
>> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/
>
> Have you activated the virtualenv? "source bin/activate" from the top
> directory of the virtualenv. The bash prompt will probably change when it's
> active.
>
> Thomas
>
> --
> believed to be clean.