[IPython-User] Getting the qtconsole to respect my readline settings

Aaron Meurer asmeurer@gmail....
Tue Aug 2 23:49:02 CDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 10:41 PM, MinRK <benjaminrk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 21:31, Aaron Meurer <asmeurer@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ah.  Well, in that case, is there any way to edit the "readline"
>> settings.  I don't like how up arrow searches the history from the
>> text that is entered rather than all history, and also I would like to
>> make C-d exit the console.
>
> This is not currently editable, but there are plans to do so:
> https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/502
>

>> Also, it bugged me about libedit the first time I used it, which
>> certainly led me to believe it was using readline.
>
> If it bugs you about libedit, it isn't using readline, it is using
> BSD's editline :).

Yeah, but it told me to install readline :)

It's obvious to me now that this isn't using readline, but it
certainly caught me off guard, and no doubt would catch others off
guard as well.

Aaron Meurer