[IPython-User] Getting the qtconsole to respect my readline settings

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Aug 3 04:36:15 CDT 2011

On 3 August 2011 05:41, MinRK <benjaminrk@gmail.com> wrote:

> I suppose the InteractiveShell object in the kernel is still
> initializing readline, which would cause the warning.  I'm not sure if
> readline actually does anything in the backend, though.  The frontend
> definitely does not use readline, especially not for keybindings.
> Since it's a GUI widget, we have to write all the keybindings and
> customization tools ourselves.

Yes, it still gets initialised for the ZMQ shell. We had it disabled briefly
just before the release, but it caused some problems, and there wasn't time
to look into them properly, so it got reverted. It shouldn't be
insurmountable, though.

Thomas