[IPython-User] Logging in new IPython

Gökhan Sever gokhansever@gmail....
Wed Aug 3 16:16:12 CDT 2011

Hi,

I tend to log my sessions and index them via full-text searching tool called
"recoll" along with many other files (indeed tons of them). Being able to
have IPython history in the form of text would make my life easier since
recoll can easily crawl text files. In addition, recoll has a command line
tool to dump xapian database into a text file with some basic text
statistics options. This way, I can easily get statistics about my most used
Python commands and such.

I plan to upgrade my beloved IPython v0.10 to the new release tonight. I
will let you know how my experience goes with the new one. Hopefully, I will
figure out a way to get text outputs from the sqlite saved logs.

Thanks,

--
Gökhan