[IPython-User] Logging in new IPython

Gökhan Sever gokhansever@gmail....
Wed Aug 3 23:03:03 CDT 2011

Hello,

Finally, I get the new Ipython running. qtconsole is up too. I
installed v0.11 The very first thing I have noticed is there is not
.ipython folder under my home directory.

ipython -help and ipython -help-all provides a lot of reading for tomorrow :)

I have an alias in .bashrc as:
# fixed after getting a single dash deprecation warning for pylab
alias ii='ipython --pylab'

Now typing "ii"
WARNING: `-pylab` flag has been deprecated.
    Use `--pylab` instead, or `--pylab=foo` to specify a backend.

Is this warning temporary?

Thanks for all your efforts and especially well-documenting the new changes.

More testing comes later...

--
Gökhan