[IPython-User] Logging in new IPython

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Thu Aug 4 13:36:14 CDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 21:03, Gökhan Sever <gokhansever@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Finally, I get the new Ipython running. qtconsole is up too. I
> installed v0.11 The very first thing I have noticed is there is not
> .ipython folder under my home directory.
>
> ipython -help and ipython -help-all provides a lot of reading for tomorrow :)
>
> I have an alias in .bashrc as:
> # fixed after getting a single dash deprecation warning for pylab
> alias ii='ipython --pylab'
>
> Now typing "ii"
> WARNING: `-pylab` flag has been deprecated.
>    Use `--pylab` instead, or `--pylab=foo` to specify a backend.
>
> Is this warning temporary?

No. Flags, etc. expect two leading '-', as is traditional for non
single-character command-line flags.  Since there are many documents,
and even books, that have `ipython -pylab`, it will probably be many
years before we actually let that raise an error, rather than warning
and transforming it into the expected form.

> Thanks for all your efforts and especially well-documenting the new changes.

We do our best, but there are certainly many holes in the
documentation, particularly with respect to configuration.

> More testing comes later...

Let us know how it goes.