[IPython-User] ipcontroller/engine vs ipcluster and ssh

Ben Edwards bedwards@cs.unm....
Thu Aug 4 15:31:48 CDT 2011

I am having a problem using ssh and ipcluster. I've set up a profile for an
ssh cluster using the directions in the documentation. This configuration
works fine when I use ipcontroller --profile=ssh --reuse, and start engines
using ipengine --profile=ssh, on the remote machine. However, when I try to
do the same using ipcluster ssh dies with at "Connection to host closed",
with exit_code 255. I can ssh(passwordlessly) just fine to the remote host.

I haven't changed much from the default profile created, other than setting

c.HubFactory.ip = '*'

in ipcontroller_config.py and

c.IPClusterEngines.engine_launcher = \
    'IPython.parallel.apps.launcher.SSHEngineSetLauncher'

c.SSHEngineSetLauncher.engines = { 'remote_host' : 48}

in ipcluster_config.py, as well as setting the path to the profile
directory. Any ideas?

Ben Edwards