[IPython-User] connecting to remote kernel in 0.11

Toby Burnett tburnett@uw....
Fri Aug 5 09:23:48 CDT 2011

I'm very interested in how to do this as well, although I'm not so concerned about security. A slight variation, I'd like to connect to a server on a Linux machine from a Windows host, I presume not an issue. I'm wondering about how plots would be treated, I suspect that the kernel would not be able to create windows on a remote machine, but one could use the display function in a client to embed plots?

On the subject of this nice new capability, I'm scratching my head for use cases to justify having multiple clients. So far I've thought of being able to create a compact notebook-like log on a secondary session, with all the mistakes and wrong turns in the primary one.

--Toby Burnett