[IPython-User] Specifying prompt for qtconsole at command line

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Aug 5 20:42:11 CDT 2011

Hi Arlindo,

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Arlindo da Silva <dasilva@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>   Which property should I set at the qtconsole command line for redefining
> my prompt? That is, what is the equivalent of
> % ipython TerminalInteractiveShell.prompt_in1='xxx> '
> On Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) with EPD 7.1-1, this produces no effect:
> % ipython-qtconsole ZMQInteractiveShell.prompt_in1='xxx> '
> while
> % ipython-qtconsole IPythonWidget.in_prompt='xxxx> '
> crashes the qtconsole.

No, unfortunately the Qt console right now has no support for prompt
configuration, they are hardcoded.  We ran out of time for
implementing prompt declaration in the messaging protocol, so it's
still in the todo list, sorry about that.