[IPython-User] Specifying prompt for qtconsole at command line

Min RK benjaminrk@gmail....
Fri Aug 5 20:49:41 CDT 2011

On Aug 5, 2011, at 18:42, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Arlindo,
>
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Arlindo da Silva <dasilva@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   Which property should I set at the qtconsole command line for redefining
>> my prompt? That is, what is the equivalent of
>> % ipython TerminalInteractiveShell.prompt_in1='xxx> '
>> On Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) with EPD 7.1-1, this produces no effect:
>> % ipython-qtconsole ZMQInteractiveShell.prompt_in1='xxx> '
>> while
>> % ipython-qtconsole IPythonWidget.in_prompt='xxxx> '
>> crashes the qtconsole.
>
> No, unfortunately the Qt console right now has no support for prompt
> configuration, they are hardcoded.  We ran out of time for
> implementing prompt declaration in the messaging protocol, so it's
> still in the todo list, sorry about that.

Not true, it's c.IPythonWidget.in_prompt

Look in ipython_qtconsole_config.py  generated by `ipython profile create` for the options available.

The same information can be seen with `ipython qtconsole --help-all`.

-MinRK