[IPython-User] Specifying prompt for qtconsole at command line

Arlindo da Silva dasilva@alum.mit....
Sat Aug 6 16:08:06 CDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Min RK <benjaminrk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Command-line args are prefixed with '--', so you want:
> % ipython-qtconsole --IPythonWidget.in_prompt='xxx> '
>
> There are zero options in IPython that cannot be set from the command-line.
>
> Note that this particular prompt won't work of you are using 0.11 and not
> trunk, because the released version doesn't allow prompts that don't have
> '%i' for the prompt number. This has been fixed.

Thank you, I think I solved the mystery. I've been developing under EPD
7.1-1 which uses 0.11rc1. I got it working once I updated to EPD-7.1-2 which
has the actual 0.11 (not rc1) and had the "%i" in it.  There are subtle
changes going from 0.11rc1 to 0.11. For one, the command line syntax for
properties now has the "--" in front of it, consistent with the
documentation.  Probably some bugs have been fixed as well.

  Arlindo.

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva@alum.mit.edu