[IPython-User] vim-ipython: misuse of waitforbuttonpress leaves kernel unresponsive

Jorge Scandaliaris jorgesmbox-ml@yahoo...
Sat Aug 6 16:35:40 CDT 2011

Hi,
I run a file through vim-ipython that uses
plt.waitforbuttonpress(timeout=0) for showing some matplotlib plots. A
couple of figures appear, and uppon pressing some key the get updated.
Accidentally (actually, I used to do this all the time, without any side
effects, when I wanted to stop for some reason without showing all the
updates) I just closed the figures and after that I could not interact
anymore with the ipython kernel, not from vim nor the qtconsole.
I guess the kernel is left waiting (infinitely) for my key press without
noticing I just killed the figures. Is there any way, other than
allowing the script to end by itself, to stop a script running in the
kernel?

Regards,

Jorges