[IPython-User] Logging in new IPython

Gökhan Sever gokhansever@gmail....
Sat Aug 6 16:43:43 CDT 2011

Hi,

You already have logging option in IPython. I forgot mentioning of
this functionality before. When I look into the sqlite database, I
couldn't see timestamps associated with commands. However the
classical logging in IPython allows timestamping of commands.

So far, the following options seems the best scenario for me for
logging the activity in IPython.
 %logstart -t -r "ipy_log.txt" global

What is the right place to put this magic just before I start typing?
Also, can I get the same behavior via the command line interface?

Thanks.

--
Gökhan