[IPython-User] Custom magic debugger function

Aaron Meurer asmeurer@gmail....
Sun Aug 7 03:04:11 CDT 2011

Hi.

I don't know if this belongs on the user list or the dev list, so I'm
cautiously posting to the user list (what exactly should go where?).

Is it possible to create custom magic expressions?  I'd like to create
a %pudb magic, which acts like %pdb except it calls PuDB on failure
instead of pdb.

I looked a little bit at the source, and I guess this would also
require overriding some internal stuff regarding the IPython's
shell.debugger.  Is this possible with the new "cleaned up" source of
IPython 0.11, ideally without hacking the IPython source itself?

Aaron Meurer