[IPython-User] embedding..

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Aug 7 13:18:12 CDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 4:27 AM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
> These docs are not in fact current. The current docs are here:
>
> http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/stable/interactive/reference.html#embedding-ipython
>
> Fernando, can we remove the docs from ipython.scipy.org? Preferably with a
> redirect to the new docs, but even if that's not possible, I think it's
> better to have some dead links than people looking at out-of-date
> documentation.

Done, I put a redirect at the top of the old doc/ directory, but I
can't really redirect every url below with simple html tricks, I think
that would require more apache work.

But since now the .scipy.org redirect is in place pointing to
ipython.org, with the old docs completely removed and a top-level
redirect to the new ipython.org/documentation.html page, modulo a few
extra clicks people should be OK.

Thanks for pointing this out!