[IPython-User] connecting to remote kernel in 0.11

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Aug 7 18:13:12 CDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 11:56 AM, neil rabinowitz
<neil.rabinowitz@merton.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Thanks for that superb response -- it does exactly what I want it to do. You
> should document this somewhere as a walk-through.

Even better, you can help us out by turning this little email exchange
into a recipe on the cookbook:

http://wiki.ipython.org/Cookbook

The ipython core team is *very* small, and while we do our best to
answer user queries, with limited time this obviously eats into
resources for development (and right now we have a massive todo list
on our plates).  So an excellent way for users to help us out is to
contribute with documentation, especially when there's already a good
amount of the necessary work done.

We'd be very grateful if you can take a minute to do that, which will
likely save  other users the trouble when they encounter a similar
issue.

Note: when editing the wikil, please make the page be all
reStructuredText by putting the whole page between <rst> tags:

<rst>
content here...
</rst>

This will make it much easier for us to take content from the wiki for
the main docs when appropriate.