[IPython-User] connecting to remote kernel in 0.11

neil rabinowitz neil.rabinowitz@merton.ox.ac...
Mon Aug 8 07:02:56 CDT 2011

further to all this -- i realised that if i'm trying to launch a kernel
remotely via ssh, i can't simply type "ipython qtconsole" as i don't have a
display attached (without forwarding an X session or using some other remote
desktopping).

so: is there a way to initiate a kernel *without* an initial console, but
that is receptive to attach new consoles? for example, if i simply launch
ipython, does this create a suitable kernel? and, if so, how do i determine
the "--existing --shell=..." flags?