[IPython-User] qtconsole crashed on EPD 7.1 MacOS 10.6

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Mon Aug 8 19:27:49 CDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 17:13, William Herschel <billherschel@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm running ipython with the qtconsole under EPD 7.1 on macos 10.6.8.
> Thanks to everyone who put forth the hard work to make the qtconsole, it's
> been a joy to use so far and it makes my work quite a bit easier.
>
> Unfortunately, I've experienced a number of crashes of the qtconsole. The
> terminal window I launch ipython from usually just says "Bus error", but a
> MacOS Crash Reporter log is generated (I've got 12).

I'm sorry you are having stability issues.  My guess is that the most
immediate cause is that PySide (the Qt bindings included in EPD) is new, and
just not yet as stable as it should be.

> If these logs are useful is it more appropriate to post them here, or on
> the issue tracker?

The crash reports might be useful, but I'm not sure.  Let's start by posting
them here, to see what we can't figure out. The more information you can
give about what you are doing when the crash happens, the better.

> To add to the issue tracker, is it necessary to register with github?

Yes, opening an Issue on GitHub does require free registration.  If you are
uncomfortable with that, you can always bring things up here and we can open
the issue for you (there are already many issues that start with "as
reported on-list...").

-MinRK