[IPython-User] Converting shell profile from 0.10 to 0.11

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Aug 11 09:05:42 CDT 2011

On 11 August 2011 14:37, Jeremy Conlin <jlconlin@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just installed iPython 0.11 yesterday and I'm trying to get up and
> running with it. On the old version, I used the shell profile as I
> wanted a replacement for my terminal shell. Is there a similar profile
> in 0.11? What do I need to do to activate it? Is there a better
> version? I mostly want to call terminal commands without including '!'
> at the beginning of the command.

The shell profile hasn't been updated for 0.11 yet, unfortunately. There's a
skeleton there, but all it does is change the prompts ("ipython
--profile=pysh" if you want to try it).

Thomas