[IPython-User] Errors in ipython 0.11 using python 3.2.1

Maarten Derickx m.derickx.student@gmail....
Thu Aug 11 10:03:33 CDT 2011

I installed it by downloading the tar.gz file untarring it and then doing

python3.2 setup.py install

Then I could not find the script to launch ipython in the place where
ipython got installed to automatically.

This was: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/lib/python3.2/site-packages/IPython/

The scripts directory there was empty. So what I did to start ipython
was adding these two lines to .pystartup.py
 import IPython
 IPython.embed()
and start regular python.

After your message I wondered if it might be the way I started
ipython. And this was indeed the case. I just found out where the
ipython startup scripts where created. And lauching ipython using one
of those scripts made it work.

Maybe it would be good to have a README.txt or an INSTALL.txt in the
toplevel of the source code version of ipython which sais where
everything is located after installation.

Thanks
Maarten