[IPython-User] Putting a kernel inside a GUI (WX or Qt) application so you can run external Qt consoles against it.

Pierre Raybaut pierre.raybaut@gmail....
Thu Aug 11 10:28:27 CDT 2011

I confirm that when starting a kernel with IPKernelApp, I always get a
"hb" port = 0. which is a problem when trying to connect a frontend to
it:

Python 2.6.2 (r262:71605, Apr 14 2009, 22:40:02) [MSC v.1500 32 bit
(Intel)] on win32
>>> from IPython.zmq.ipkernel import IPKernelApp
>>> kernel = IPKernelApp()
>>> kernel.initialize(['python', '--pylab=qt'])
[IPKernelApp] To connect another client to this kernel, use:
[IPKernelApp] --existing --shell=54717 --iopub=56526 --stdin=53981 --hb=0

Any idea?

Thx
Pierre