[IPython-User] Errors in ipython 0.11 using python 3.2.1

Aaron Meurer asmeurer@gmail....
Fri Aug 12 08:27:56 CDT 2011

How does this work on Linux?  I'm sure that if possible, Python 3
would not automatically add itself to the front Python 2 in your PATH
there either, as it's not quite ready to become the default over
Python 2.  Or perhaps it's assumed that if you install from source
rather than using a package manager on the platform that you know what
you're doing.

Anyway, make sure you add
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/bin to your PATH
*after* /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin, or else
suddenly Python 3 will become your default Python (which you almost
certainly don't want at this point).

Aaron Meurer