[IPython-User] Errors in ipython 0.11 using python 3.2.1

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Fri Aug 12 10:41:18 CDT 2011

On 12 August 2011 16:22, Maarten Derickx <m.derickx.student@gmail.com>wrote:

> I guess that as soon as it becomes possible to easy_install ipython
> for python3 then it will all become easier because then easy_install
> will put the executables like ipython3 and ipcluster3 etc in
> /urs/local/bin. Because that is what happens now on OS X as shown
> below:

Interesting - on Linux, doing "python setup.py install" seems to put those
scripts in /usr/local/bin. You might want to try easy_install-ing the Python
3 egg:
http://archive.ipython.org/release/0.11/py3/ipython-0.11-py3.2.egg

(Note that you'll need a Python 3 easy_install or pip - on my system, these
are called easy_install3 and pip-3.2)

Thomas