[IPython-User] Errors in ipython 0.11 using python 3.2.1

Maarten Derickx m.derickx.student@gmail....
Fri Aug 12 11:01:16 CDT 2011

Apparently easy_install-3.2 puts stuff in a different location on OS X
then on ubuntu. See the following output

md:site-packages maarten$ easy_install-3.2
http://archive.ipython.org/release/0.11/py3/ipython-0.11-py3.2.egg
Downloading http://archive.ipython.org/release/0.11/py3/ipython-0.11-py3.2.egg
Processing ipython-0.11-py3.2.egg
creating /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/lib/python3.2/site-packages/ipython-0.11-py3.2.egg
Extracting ipython-0.11-py3.2.egg to
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/lib/python3.2/site-packages
Adding ipython 0.11 to easy-install.pth file
Installing pycolor3 script to
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/bin
Installing iplogger3 script to
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/bin
Installing ipengine3 script to
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/bin
Installing ipython3 script to
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/bin
Installing ipcluster3 script to
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/bin
Installing irunner3 script to
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/bin
Installing ipcontroller3 script to
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/bin
Installing iptest3 script to
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/bin
Installing ipython3-qtconsole script to
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/bin

Installed /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.2/lib/python3.2/site-packages/ipython-0.11-py3.2.egg
Processing dependencies for ipython==0.11
Finished processing dependencies for ipython==0.11

I guess this has become more of a setuptools/easy_install question
then an IPython one.

Ps. Note that from an enduser point of view my problem has been solved
a long time ago. But I guess ipython would become more user friendly
if either the ipython3 stuff also ends up in your path on OS X or if
there is a small warning/help message printed after the setup tools
have been run which sais where the executables are located if they are
not on your path.