[IPython-User] ipython 0.11 crashes when file list is large

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Aug 12 17:57:13 CDT 2011

Hi Mani,

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 4:44 AM, Mani Chandra <mc0710@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I try to do 'cd <tab>' in my home directory in the qtconsole, ipython
> crashes with the attached report. However it works when I enable
> --gui-completion.
>
> Is this a possible bug?

It definitely sounds like a bug, but I can't seem to reproduce it. I
created a directory with 10000 subdirs and did cd <tab> in it, and it
still works fine.  Do you have a reliable way of causing the crash we
could use to produce it and understand what's going on?