[IPython-User] locals() and embedded IPython

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Aug 17 09:41:40 CDT 2011

2011/8/17 Рустам Сафин <rustiksnegovik@gmail.com>

> I use IPython in some application that working on some models. Each model
> is separate tab, so IPython terminal must have access to current tab's model
> (each terminal in own tab also). So, at initialization terminal must have
> link to current model.

I think this is difficult with the current Qt console, because the actual
Python interpreter is running in a separate process, so you'd need to keep
synchronising the model with an object in the IPython kernel. I think there
is a plan to create a single-process Qt console, but it's not happened yet.

Thanks,
Thomas