[IPython-User] Problem rendering sympy Matrix in qtconsole --profile =sympy

reckoner reckoner@gmail....
Fri Aug 19 10:13:32 CDT 2011

Hi,

We have been discussing the problem of rendering sympy Matrix correctly
in qtconsole here:

http://groups.google.com/group/sympy/browse_thread/thread/7554e17dfc8e20b0

Specifically, the Matrix object is not rendered correctly. There are
lots of little
"?" signs on the borders where the edges of the matrix should be. Note
that I am using the --profile =sympy flag.

And I think we have come to the conclusion that it is a font problem.
Note that I am  on Windows XP and I have been trying to use fonts other
than the default consolas to see if this problem will go away by
changing the font, but I'm not sure which font to use or even how to
change font correctly. I am currently just randomly trying fonts in the
ipython_qtconsole_config.py.

Any advice appreciated. If anybody has this working on Windows XP,
please tell me what font I should be using.

Thanks in advance.